1. Cabinet gives its approval for the formation of a national multistate seed cooperative society. The Prime Minister has stated that in order to realize the vision of cooperatives, every effort should be made to capitalize on their strengths and turn them into prosperous and dynamic business enterprises "Cooperatives called ‘Sahakar-se-Samriddhi’ which holds the key to the country's rural economy's transformation in the agricultural and related sectors. Using the network of all levels of cooperatives, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the creation and promotion of a national-level multi-state seed cooperative society.
2. This society will help to increase the Seed Replacement Rate (SRR) and Varietal Replacement Rate (VRR), ensure the role of farmers in quality seed cultivation and seed variety trials, and produce and distribute certified seeds under a single brand name. According to a statement from the Ministry of Cooperation following the Cabinet meeting presided over by Prime Minister, the society will serve as the central organization for the production, procurement, processing, branding, labelling, packaging, storage, marketing, and distribution of high-quality seeds as well as for strategic research and development and the creation of a system for the preservation and promotion of indigenous natural seeds across the nation.
3. The Multi-State Cooperative Societies (MSCS) Act, 2002, will be used to establish the national-level multi-state seed cooperative society. The society will work with support from relevant ministries, particularly the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR), and the National Seed Corporation (NSC), through their programs and agencies, adhering to the "Whole of the Government Approach."
4. The Prime Minister has stated that in order to realize the vision of cooperatives, every effort should be made to capitalize on their strengths and turn them into prosperous and dynamic business enterprises.
5. "Its members can range from primary cooperative societies to national cooperative societies, including multi-state cooperative societies and district, state, and national level federations. According to the society's bylaws, each of these cooperatives will have elected representatives on the board as "The statement was made." It goes on to say that having access to high-quality seeds will boost agricultural output, increase food security, and raise farmers' incomes.
6. The realization of higher prices due to the manufacturing of high-quality seeds, increased crop output due to the usage of High Yielding Variety (HYV) seeds, and dividend payments made from the society's surplus will all benefit the members.
7. "The seed cooperative society will encompass all forms of cooperative structures and all other methods to raise the SRR, VRR by guaranteeing that farmers play a role in quality seed cultivation and seed variety testing, production and distribution of certified seeds with a single brand name."
8. It was further stated that the production of high-quality seeds through this national-level seed cooperative society will increase agriculture output in the nation, creating more jobs in the agricultural and cooperative sectors, decreasing reliance on imported seeds, boosting the rural economy, and fostering "Make in India" and "Atmanirbhar Bharat" (self-reliant India).